I have a recipe for Pumpkin Cream which is pretty much pumpkin whipped cream that I used as a stuffing for my chocolate chaffles and that was just divine. This Pumpkin Mousse takes that pumpkin cream recipe and takes it a step further. There are more spices, more cream cheese for a slightly dense and more comforting cream texture and a lot more flavor.
It is absolutely perfect with ginger snap cookies! I’m about to put up the keto version of that so you can have the perfect Thanksgiving dessert to serve up to your loved ones this season.
Enjoy this Pumpkin Mousse as a late night delight with a good book and your most luxurious blanky. It’s that girl.
Decadent Pumpkin Mousse
To make this mousse, you’ll need:
1 pint heavy whipping cream
6 T. Lakanto syrup, divided
1 15-oz. can of pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened, cubed
2 T. pumpkin pie spice
1 t. real vanilla extract
1/3 c. half & half
This recipe makes 6 servings so try not to eat it all in one go. It does come in at just under 500 calories so take that into your day’s consideration. You can enjoy this without the whipped cream topping to save yourself some calories if desired.
If you’re lost and unsure how to start the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a foolproof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. Enter your details below and start now!
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 6 T. Lakanto syrup divided
- 1 15- oz. can pumpkin purée not pumpkin pie filling
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened, cubed
- 2 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. half & half
- Pecan halves
- Ground cinnamon for dusting
- Ginger Snap cookies for serving
- Beat the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl with a hand mixer until it doubles in size. Add 2 tablespoons of Lakanto syrup and continue beating until light and fluffy. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Beat the pumpkin purée, cream cheese, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, half &half, and remaining Lajanto syrup in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer until thoroughly blended.
- Taste and adjust spices, as desired, and transfer to individual dessert bowls. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, remove from refrigerator and top with maple whipped cream, pecans, and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, if desired. Enjoy!