Who says you can’t have cheesecake on a diet? This creative take on the classic dessert from On and Off Keto allows you to indulge your sweet tooth while still keeping things healthy. The Greek Yogurt Berry Cheesecake Parfait is a delicious, guilt-free treat that’s sure to satisfy.
The Appeal of Greek Yogurt Berry Cheesecake Parfaits
Cheesecake is a beloved dessert worldwide, but traditional recipes are often high in sugar and fat. This recipe, however, uses Greek yogurt and fresh berries to keep things light and nutritious. The result is a dessert that’s not just delicious, but also packed with protein, fiber, and antioxidants.
To make these parfaits, you’ll need Greek yogurt, cream cheese, a sweetener of your choice, and a variety of fresh berries. Feel free to choose your favorite berries — strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries all work wonderfully.
- 1/4 c. raw almonds
- 1/4 c. raw pecans
- 3 pitted dates roughly chopped
- 1/4 t. ground cinnamon plus more for garnish
- 4 oz. cream cheese room temperature
- 1 c. full-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 T. honey preferably local (or maple syrup)
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1 c. strawberries chopped
- 1 c. raspberries
- 1/2 c. blueberries
Begin by almonds, pecans, dates, and cinnamon. Pulse until the mixture starts to form a ball and the nuts are nicely broken down.
In a large bowl, mix the Greek yogurt, cream cheese, sweetener, and extracts until smooth. This will form the creamy, tangy base of your parfaits.
Next, prepare your berries. If you’re using larger berries like strawberries, you might want to chop them into smaller pieces.
Now, it’s time to assemble your parfaits. In a glass or jar, layer the yogurt mixture and the berries. Repeat these layers until you’ve used up all your ingredients, finishing with a layer of berries on top for a beautiful presentation.
The Greek Yogurt Berry Cheesecake Parfaits recipe is a delightful dessert that’s as pleasing to the eye as it is to the palate. It’s easy to make, healthy, and absolutely delicious. Plus, it’s flexible — you can easily adjust the sweetener to fit your dietary needs and preferences. So why not treat yourself to a parfait? It’s a dessert that you can truly feel good about enjoying.
Greek Yogurt Berry Cheesecake Parfaits
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup raw pecans
- 3 pitted dates roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon plus more for garnish
- 4 ounce cream cheese room temperature
- 1 cup full-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp honey preferably local (or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine almonds, pecans, dates, and cinnamon. Pulse until the mixture starts to form a ball and the nuts are nicely broken down. Divide the nut crust between 4 individual serving dishes or jars and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Set aside.Tip: If cream cheese isn't fully softened, beat it first before adding the other ingredients.
- Divide half of the cheesecake mixture between the 4 serving dishes or jars and divide half of the berries among the individual dishes. Repeat this process with remaining cheesecake mixture and fresh berries.
- Place the parfaits in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill. To serve, garnish with ground cinnamon or an extra drizzle of honey, if desired. Enjoy!