Did you know you can make cheesecake in your Instant Pot? Why yes, you can and they are simple and absolutely delicious. This recipe for Instant Pot Apple-Cinnamon Cheesecake is the perfect fall cheesecake to take centerstage on your Thanksgiving dessert menu. It’s spiced perfectly to evoke warm, comforting fall flavors and is absolutely gorgeous.
This cheesecake, sliced into 8 slices comes out at around 7g of net carbs per slice. You can reduce that by eliminating the apple if you’d like to be strictly keto through the holidays. It is made with monk fruit sweetener to keep this recipe low carb while satisfying your sweet tooth over the holiday period.
If you’re lost and not sure how to get started with the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a fool-proof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle.
Tools for Your Instant Pot Cheesecake
To make your Instant Pot cheesecake, you’ll need a couple of accessories to go along with your Instant Pot. This recipe uses the 6-Quart Instant Pot and a 7″ inch springform pan for it. You’ll also want to invest in a set of seals that you only use to bake if you’ll be doing lots of baking with your Instant Pot.
Savory dishes will infuse the seal with strong flavors that can affect more delicate recipes like this one. It would be. a shame for your delightful cheesecake to come out tasting like my French Onion Chicken.
Instant Pot Apple-Cinnamon Cheesecake
- Crust Ingredients:
- 1 c. almond flour
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 3 T. powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 3 T. unsalted butter, melted
- Batter Ingredients:
- 2 8-oz. blocks cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- ¼ c. powdered monk fruit sweetener
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- ¼ c. heavy cream, room temperature
- 1¼ c. water
- Apple Cinnamon Topping:
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1 large McIntosh apple, cored and cut into equal-sized wedges
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. allspice
- 3 T. maple syrup
- ½ c. water
- Pinch salt
- ¼ c. pecans, chopped
- Coat the inside of the springform pan with the non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Prepare the crust by combining all ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir until the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared springform pan and spread into a uniform layer covering the entire bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer for at least one hour.
- To prepare the batter, beat the following ingredients in a large mixing bowl, one at a time, for 10-15 seconds per ingredient: Cream cheese, vanilla extract, monk fruit sweetener, heavy cream, and the eggs, one at a time. (Do not overwork to avoid incorporating extra air into the batter). Tip: Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl with a plastic spatula before adding each new ingredient to ensure all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated into the batter.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer and pour the batter on top of the chilled crust. Smooth into a uniform layer and gently tap the pan on the counter several times to release any air bubbles in the batter.
- Pour the water into the Instant Pot® cooking container and place the springform pan onto the trivet that comes with the Instant Pot®. Carefully place the trivet and pan into the Instant Pot® with the handles positioned upwards for easy removal.
- Add the lid and lock into place. Select the “Manual” button and make sure it is set to “High.” Adjust cook time to 30 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally until the pin drops (up to 10 minutes). If it takes longer than 10 minutes, do a quick release for any remaining steam. Carefully remove the lid and lift the cheesecake out by the trivet handles with potholders. Set on the counter to cool for 10-15 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours to overnight.
- Before serving, prepare the topping by selecting the “Sauté” function on the medium setting. Add the butter and stir to cover the bottom of the pot while it melts.
- Add the apple wedges, ground cinnamon, allspice, maple syrup, water, and salt to the unit. Stir until the apples are thoroughly coated in the cinnamon-maple mixture. Sauté until the apples are crisp-tender, but not mushy, and the sauce has thickened approximately 4-5 minutes. Turn the unit off and transfer the apple mixture into a bowl to cool slightly.
- Remove the cheesecake from the refrigerator and carefully release the springform pan. Arrange the warm apple slices on top of the cheesecake and drizzle with the cinnamon-maple sauce. Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 452
If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
Looking for a more complete guide to start or stick to the keto diet? My Ketogenic Diet 101 eBook is a complete, all-in-one resource for the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet, how it affects lifestyle diseases like autism, epilepsy, diabetes and high blood pressure plus over 45 recipes, checklists and grocery lists to get you started. Want the grocery list, quick start guide and 7-day meal plan for free? Get it below.