Do you prefer a creamy or a chunky keto broccoli cheese soup? Whichever your preference, I’ll show you how to make it.
I love a good broccoli cheddar soup because it’s so rich and flavorful yet so easy to make. All you need is 4 or 5 ingredients and a good blender and you’re ready to go.
This keto soup is naturally gluten-free, made from healthy ingredients and is full of good fat to keep you fuller for longer. This is true soul food.
Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
To make a chunkier keto broccoli cheese soup, use a handheld blender as I did in this recipe.
You’ll need these ingredients:
- organic or homemade chicken broth
- heavy cream
- your favorite type of cheese, I used pepper jack cheddar cheese in this recipe
Salt and pepper to taste. That’s it! I served it with some cool tomato slices topped with flaky pink salt which was the perfect cool side dish to my comforting, broccoli soup.
If you’re lost and unsure how to start the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a foolproof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. Enter your details below and start now!
Tips for an Advanced Keto Broccoli Cheddar Soup
If you want to take this simple broccoli and cheese soup up a notch, try sauteeing freshly chopped garlic and onions in butter as your first step. Then add your chicken broth to this mixture and continue from there.
You can also add chopped rotisserie chicken into the soup after you’ve blended it for a heartier, meatier soup.
Finally, I love to add crispy bacon to my soup as a topping.
If your soup isn’t thickening, add in one teaspoon of xanthan gum just before blending.
4 Ingredient Keto Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 4 cups organic chicken broth
- 1 large head broccoli cut into florets (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded plus more for topping
- bring your chicken broth to a boil
- add your broccoli and boil for 5 minutes, until broccoli is tender
- add your shredded cheese a little at a time to melt
- turn heat to medium-low, add your heavy cream in quarter cup increments to avoid curdling
- use an emersion blender to blend all ingredients to your liking
- for a creamier soup, pour all ingredients into a regular blender
- allow simmering for another 5 minutes on low heat til desired thickness is achieved
- top with extra cheese and enjoy!