Craving pasta tonight? We’ve got ya covered. One thing most people complain about while being on keto is the lack of delicious pasta dishes that are available. Let’s face it: while spaghetti squash pasta is good, it just doesn’t cut it. In walks keto pasta.
It’s the consistency, right?
We crave that pasta/carby feeling in our mouths. I know, weird, but it’s true.
Anyway, I think you’re going to love this keto pasta with bolognese sauce.
(this article contains affiliate links, so if you make a purchase, I may make a small commission – affiliate disclosure here)
Starting a Keto Diet
If you are new to the keto diet, first of all, congratulations! You are on your way to becoming the healthiest version of yourself ever. Secondly, it’s tough. Truth be told.
Starting a keto diet comes with many challenges. You are giving up your food life as you know it and embarking on a whole new journey.
If you still aren’t so sure about the health benefits of a keto diet, this blog will help you understand it a bit more.
Still not so sure how to get started on keto?
If you’re lost and unsure how to start the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a foolproof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. Enter your details below and start now!
Now, let’s get back to the yumminess of this keto pasta recipe.
About the Ingredients
This recipe uses low-carb tortillas and sugar-free tomato sauce. It can be really hard for some to find these at the grocery store. It’s super easy to make your own tomato sauce. Make sure to use canned tomatoes that don’t have added sugar.
If you’re not up for making your own sauce, you can grab this sugar-free tomato sauce from Amazon here.
For the low-carb tortillas, this is a good brand that will do the trick.
You can use any ground meat for this recipe if you’re not fussy about beef. Keep in mind the flavor will change slightly if you decide to use different meat.
Feel free to spice this bolognese sauce up any way you want. Want it a little spicy? Add some chili pepper. Looking for a more authentic Italian spaghetti sauce taste? Toss in some oregano and basil.
How to Make Keto Pasta With Bolognese Sauce
You’ll love how super easy it is to make this lovely keto pasta dish—a few notes before we start.
If you can’t find sugar-free tomato sauce or low-carb tortillas, here are those links again for you.
Prepare the Bolognese Sauce
In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add the diced onion and minced garlic and fry until translucent and fragrant.
Add the ground beef and paprika, breaking it up with a spatula as it cooks until browned.
2. Add sugar-free tomato sauce, 2-3 tablespoons water and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
Remember, if you prefer, you can make your own tomato sauce; just make sure it’s sugar-free and keto-friendly.
Prepare the Tortilla Pasta
Stack two tortillas on top of each other. Roll the stack tightly like a cigar. With a sharp knife or scissors, cut the rolled tortillas into thin strips to make a fettuccine-like pasta.
This recipe is a generous serving for one. If you are feeding more than one, use more tortillas!
Prepare the Tortilla Pasta 2
While the sauce is simmering, bring a pot of salted water with the bay leaf and garlic to a boil. In small batches on a sieve, gently drop tortilla pasta strips into the boiling water for 10-20 seconds, until soft but still slightly chewy.
Place the keto pasta on a plate and immediately drizzle with oil to prevent the strips from sticking together.
Pour sauce and enjoy!
Pour the sauce on, and enjoy! You can sprinkle on any cheese of your choice: parmesan, mozzarella, etc, or garnish any way you like.
A mixed green tossed salad will pair beautifully for this dish. If you like to eat pasta with bread (and who doesn’t?), check out the recipes below for some yummy keto bread!
Кeto Pasta With Bolognese Sauce
- 2 low-carb tortillas look for the ones with the least net carbs
- 2/3 cup ground beef or ground meat of your choice
- 1 cup sugar-free tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- sprinkle parmesan cheese
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic and fry until translucent and fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and paprika, breaking it up with a spatula as it cooks, until browned.
- Add sugar-free tomato sauce, 2-3 tablespoons water and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
Prepare Tortilla Pasta
- Stack the tortillas on top of each other. Roll the stack tightly like a cigar. With a sharp knife or scissors, cut the rolled tortillas into thin strips to make a fettuccine-like pasta. Cut them thinner if you want skinny pasta.
Prepare Tortilla Pasta 2
- While the sauce is simmering, bring a pot of salted water with the bay leaf and garlic to a boil. In small batches on a sieve, gently drop tortilla pasta strips into the boiling water for 10-20 seconds, until soft but still slightly chewy.
- 4.Place the keto pasta on a plate and immediately drizzle with oil to prevent the strips from sticking together.
- Combine with the sauce and enjoy:
- Spread the thick bolognese on top of the pasta. Sprinkle with grated cheese and parmesan. Serve the dish hot and garnish with fresh herbs, such as basil or parsley, if desired.
Steamed or baked low-carb vegetables, such as zucchini noodles or cauliflower rice, are another great option, giving the dish even more depth and texture.
This delicious recipe showcases that following a keto diet doesn’t mean sacrificing the dishes you love. With a little creativity and the right ingredients, you can enjoy the rich, comforting flavors of traditional cuisine while staying on track with your low-carb goals.