These were so much fun to make with munchkin as a cool Valentine’s Day treat! You’ve gotta try this Keto Red Velvet Waffle Whoopie Pie with your kids or even for your sweetheart who has a sweet tooth.
I’ve tried several variations when developing this keto waffle recipe because I wanted it to come out tasty and true to color. I wanted that deep red color of a true red velvet cake. Then I added spices to give it its own unique flavor.
If you’re lost and unsure how to start the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a foolproof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. Enter your details below and start now!
Tips to Make the Best Keto Red Velvet Waffle
The spices carry through the cream cheese filling for an incredible keto treat that will satisfy any sweet tooth. Top these with a drizzle of keto chocolate syrup and some keto candied pecans for an even more satisfying treat.
You could also use keto chocolate protein powder instead of sugar-free cocoa powder used in this keto red velvet waffle recipe to help you meet your protein and fat macros while chowing down on chocolatey goodness.
This recipe will make 2 Belgian waffles or 4-5 mini waffles if you’re using the Dash Mini Waffle Maker. With 2 large Belgian waffles, you’ll end up with 4 keto whoopie pies which come in at 2.9 net carbs per pie. Not bad for quite a filling and delicious keto dessert. I use cream cheese in this recipe which is always easier to handle softened or using an immersion blender to get it fully incorporated with all the other ingredients.
Keto Red Velvet Waffle Whoopie Pie
- 3 large eggs
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- ¼ tsp red food coloring
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp sugarfree cocoa powder
- 1½ tbsp monk fruit or erythritol
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch sea salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tbsp monk fruit or erythritol
- 1 tsp almond extract
- Preheat waffle iron as per instructions
- In a large bowl or measuring cup, mix all wet ingredients together thoroughly then combine with dry.
- Pour enough batter onto iron to make one waffle. Depending on the size of your iron, you will be making 2-6 waffles.
- Cook 4 minutes.
- Blend all filling ingredients together. Spread 1 tbsp between two waffles to make a whoopie pie.
- Drizzle or dollop extra cream filling over the top to decorate.