If you’re lost and not sure how to get started with the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a fool-proof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle.
Lemon Keto Roast Chicken and Vegetables
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium turnip, cubed
- 3 medium chayotes, cubed
- 1 pint cherry (or grape) tomatoes, whole
- 1 t. dried basil
- 1 t. dried oregano
- 1 t. dried rosemary
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs, with skin
- 2 medium lemons, sliced
- Sprigs of fresh parsley and rosemary, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a large rimmed, baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
2. Combine red onion, potatoes, and tomatoes in a large glass bowl and sprinkle with the dried herbs. Drizzle with two tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Toss to coat and spread into a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
3. Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and drizzle with the remaining olive oil. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and turn to coat. Nestle chicken thighs in between the veggies
on the baking sheet and top each with one or two lemon slices. Scatter the remaining lemon slices amongst the veggies on the baking sheet.
4. Place baking sheet in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and turn the veggies. Return to oven to roast for another 20-25 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Food Safety Tip: The safe cooking temperature for chicken is 165°F. Use an instant-read thermometer to test for doneness. Remove from oven when the internal temperature at the thickest part reaches at least 160°F. The temperature will continue to rise several degrees while the chicken rests.
5. Remove from oven and let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh herbs, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414
New to the keto diet? Start here! This will help you to figure out how to stick to this diet and make it a lifestyle for you.
I love having keto snacks at the ready. Try my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth and protein powders here. Use code ONANDOFFKETO for 10% off your order!
Get your groceries delivered to you, unlimited trips, for only $14.99 per month! Save money and get free delivery? Why ever go to the grocery store again? Get a free trial of Amazon fresh here.
Looking for a more complete guide to start or stick to the keto diet? My Ketogenic Diet 101 eBook is a complete, all-in-one resource for the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet, how it affects lifestyle diseases like diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure plus over 45 recipes, checklists, and grocery lists to get you started. Want the 5-day meal plan for free? Get it below when you enter your details.[mailerlite_form form_id=1]