These Paleo Pumpkin Spice Pancakes are absolutely delicious! They are perfect for the cold weather, so warming with the spices used. I’ve included swaps in the recipe to make them fully keto but honestly feel free to enjoy as is because, with the serving sizes, you will not be thrown out of ketosis if you stick to your portion.
Admittedly, that may be hard because they’re super yummy. This is a bit of a lazy keto recipe if you will. It uses real honey and real maple syrup but the easy swap for that is to use this “keto honey” made from tapioca flour that tops out at 4g of net carbs per tablespoon or this maple-flavored syrup made from liquid vegetable starch that contains only 1g net carb per tablespoon.
Win-win for you! You get to enjoy this delicious Pumpkin Spice Pancake recipe without any guilt from added sugar. These paleo pancakes are topped with bananas which are not ketogenic-friendly, though you may get away with having just three slices as shown in the image.
What you can do instead is to top your keto pancakes with berries. Blueberries would be best though a strawberry will work too. Voila, you’ve just made this pancake recipe completely keto-friendly.
As is, the serving size is 2-3 pancakes with 411 calories and 8g net carbs. Maybe you can fit that in your diet, maybe you’ll want to make the swaps to get that figure down even more. That’s up to you. I know I miss bananas so I have them this way from time to time, just not a whole banana but a couple of thin slices over my keto pancakes.
Head over to my keto grocery list to grab links for my favorite almond flour, coconut flour and other staples listed in this recipe.
Paleo Pumpkin Spice Pancakes
New to the keto diet? Start here! This will help you to figure out how to stick to this diet and make it a lifestyle for you.
Get your groceries delivered to you, unlimited trips, for only $14.99 per month! Save money and get free delivery? Why ever go to the grocery store again? Get a free trial of Amazon fresh here.[mailerlite_form form_id=1]
Paleo Pumpkin Spice Pancakes (with Keto Swaps)
- 6 large eggs
- ⅔ cup pure pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp coconut oil divided
- 1 large banana sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup pecans chopped
- maple syrup to drizzle
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin puree, and honey until thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl with the egg mixture and gently fold the two together until blended.
- Heat one tablespoon coconut oil in a large non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Once hot, spoon 2-3 tablespoons per pancake and cook for 3 minutes on the first side, then flip and cook for another 2-3 minutes on the other side. Repeat this process with remaining coconut oil and pancake batter.
- To serve, stack 2-3 pancakes per serving and top with sliced bananas, chopped pecans, and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired. Enjoy!
If you’re lost and not sure how to get started with the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a fool-proof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle.
I love having keto snacks at the ready. Try my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth and protein powders here. Use code ONANDOFFKETO for 10% off your order!
Looking for a more complete guide to start or stick to the keto diet? My Ketogenic Diet 101 eBook is a complete, all-in-one resource for the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet, how it affects lifestyle diseases like diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure plus over 45 recipes, checklists, and grocery lists to get you started. Want the 5-day meal plan for free? Get it below when you enter your details.