- ¼ c. extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 14- oz. can or jar artichoke hearts drained and rinsed
- 1 t. dried Italian seasoning divided
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 c. fresh arugula
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 medium red onion cut in half and sliced
- 3 T. capers drained
- 3 T. fresh parsley chopped
- 2 T. fresh basil thinly sliced
- 2 T. balsamic vinegar
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. Dijon mustard
- 8- oz. small fresh Mozzarella balls cut in half
- Sprigs of fresh herbs for garnish
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large, rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat.
- 2. Pat the artichoke hearts dry and transfer to a large bowl. Add one tablespoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning, and the minced garlic. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Toss to combine.
- 3. Arrange seasoned artichokes on the prepared baking sheet in a single, uniform layer and place in the pre-heated oven to roast until tender and slightly browned around the edges, approximately 20-25 minutes.
- 4. While the artichokes roast, combine the fresh arugula, tomatoes, red onion, capers, and fresh herbs in a large salad bowl. Set aside.
- 5. In a small bowl, combine the remaining olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, fresh lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and remaining Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and whisk
together until emulsified. Set aside.
- 6. Remove the artichokes from the oven and cool for several minutes before adding to the salad. Toss to combine and top with fresh Mozzarella. Garnish with fresh herbs, if using, and serve immediately
with the balsamic dressing. Enjoy!
If you’re lost and unsure how to start the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a foolproof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. Enter your details below and start now!