- 3 T. coconut oil, divided
- 16 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 large shallots, sliced
- 3 T. fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 3 T. garlic, minced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3 lbs. beef tenderloin roast
- 1 large red onion, sliced
1. Place oven rack in center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Melt one tablespoon coconut oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the mushroom and shallots and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms and shallots develop a bit of color and soften, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. Melt the remaining coconut oil in a small bowl in a microwave. Add the rosemary and garlic to the coconut oil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Rub the rosemary-garlic mixture on top and all along the sides of the beef.
4. Arrange the sliced red onion on the bottom of the same skillet and place the seasoned beef tenderloin on top of the onions.
5. Arrange the mushroom and shallot mixture around the sides of the beef and place in the preheated oven for 45-50 minutes for medium-rare or longer for more well-done results.
6. Remove from oven and rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Actual cooking time will vary depending on a number of factors, including the starting internal temperature of the beef. Therefore, allow the beef to rest at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before roasting and use an instant-read thermometer to check for doneness. For medium-rare, remove from oven at 140°F. The temperature will rise to 145°F as it rests.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 579
If you’re lost and not sure how to get started with the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a fool-proof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle.
Looking for a more complete guide to start or stick to the keto diet? My Ketogenic Diet 101 eBook is a complete, all-in-one resource for the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet, how it affects lifestyle diseases like diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure plus over 45 recipes, checklists, and grocery list to get you started. Want the grocery list, quick start guide, and 7-day meal plan for free? Get it below.