Let me preface this post by saying that this Spicy Peach Salsa is not keto. But I hate labeling foods keto and not. It is high in carbs because it uses peaches and red onions but it is absolutely delicious and still fresh and all-natural.
My advice to you is to indulge in recipes like these, that are made without any processed foods and wholesome ingredients, as long as you work out your macros and are comfortable.
It’s ok to have higher carbs and enjoy a peach every now and then. I certainly love a good pina colada on occasion. The key point here is to stay away from processed foods and seed oils. That’s why this site is called On and Off Keto because I have found a healthy mix of keto and paleo that’s working for me and allowing me to still maintain my goals.
With that said, this Spicy Peach Salsa is absolutely delicious, especially with my white fish recipes. Try it on this Fish Foil Pack, in my Blackened Fish Tacos or even with my Herb Butter Atlantic Cod.
If you’re lost and unsure how to start the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a foolproof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. Enter your details below and start now!
Spicy Peach Salsa
- 6 fresh peaches, pits removed and cut into small pieces
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 3 T. red onion, cut into small, thin slices
- 1-2 t. jalapeno peppers, seeds and veins removed, and very finely minced
- 3 T. fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Spicy Peach Salsa
- 6 fresh peaches pits removed and cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 medium shallot minced
- 3 tbsp red onion cut into small, thin slices
- 1-2 t. jalapeno peppers seeds and veins removed, and very finely minced
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients* in a large glass or another non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- *Tip: Start with a very small amount of jalapeno pepper and taste before adding more.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator overnight or on the counter at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Serve with foil packet citrusy white fish or other minimally seasoned fish, chicken, or pork recipe. This can also be served in place of regular salsa with keto tortilla chips. Enjoy!