When you think of broccoli, what’s the first thing that comes to mind? For many, it might be a bland and boring side dish. But, what if we told you that broccoli could be transformed into an exciting, flavor-packed, and keto-friendly meal? Let us introduce you to a recipe that does just that.
The Charm of Keto Broccoli
Broccoli is a powerhouse of nutrition, packed with fiber, vitamins C, K, and A, and folate. When combined with a creamy, tangy Hollandaise sauce, this humble vegetable turns into a gourmet delight.
The ingredients for this recipe are simple yet flavorful. You’ll need a bag of frozen broccoli florets, a little bit of water and unsalted butter, garlic powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
For the Hollandaise sauce, you’ll need egg yolks, lemon juice, a bit of salt and cayenne pepper, unsalted butter, and some fresh chives. Don’t let the simplicity fool you – when these ingredients come together, they create a symphony of flavors.
- 1 – 12 oz bag of frozen broccoli florets
- 2 T. water
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Hollandaise sauce:
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 T. lemon juice
- 1/8 t. salt
- 1/8 t. cayenne pepper
- 6 T. unsalted butter
- 2 T. fresh chives, chopped
First, steam the broccoli with water, butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a microwave-safe dish. The key here is to ensure that the broccoli is crisp-tender and not overcooked.
While your broccoli is steaming, it’s time to prepare the Hollandaise sauce. Blend the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper in a high-speed blender. Slowly drizzle in the warm, melted butter while the blender is still running. This will allow the mixture to develop a smooth, creamy consistency. Adjust the seasonings to your taste and pour the sauce over the steamed broccoli. The result? A side dish that’s not only keto-friendly but also utterly delicious.
The Steamed Broccoli with Hollandaise Sauce is a game-changer for anyone on a keto diet or anyone looking to add a gourmet touch to their meals. It’s simple, quick, and packed with flavors that will tantalize your taste buds. So, why wait? Try this recipe today and give your humble broccoli the gourmet treatment it deserves.
Steamed Broccoli with Hollandaise Sauce
- 12 oz frozen broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
Easy Blender Hollandaise Sauce
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Add broccoli, water, butter, and garlic powder to a large microwave safe dish. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes, then give the broccoli a quick stir. Microwave for another 1-2 minutes, or until broccoli is crisp tender. (Cook time will vary for different microwaves). Do not overcook.
- Add the egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, and cayenne pepper to a high-speed blender and melt the butter in a small saucepan or in the microwave until it is completely liquid and bubbling. (Butter needs to be very warm, but not scorched).
- Blend the egg yolks, lemon juice, and seasonings for several seconds, then slowly drizzle the warm, melted butter into the blender while it is still operating. (Once the butter has been added to the blender, the mixture should develop a smooth, creamy consistency. If it is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of warm water and blend for another couple of seconds).
- Taste the sauce and adjust seasonings, as desired. Pour the sauce into a serving container and serve with the steamed broccoli immediately. Enjoy!
Calories: 77 | Fat: 6.05g | Carbs: 4.85g | Net Carbs: 2.25g | Protein: 2.73g Macros – per serving (with Hollandaise)
Calories: 273 | Fat: 26.74g | Carbs: 5.8g | Net Carbs: 3.1g