Here’s a major hit I stumbled upon recently. I’ve been longing to find a light airy keto cupcake recipe and this Coconut Lime Cupcake fits the bill perfectly. It was a pound cake recipe that I made some tweaks to and voila, pretty keto cupcakes!
I’ve since made the recipe twice, once with blanched almond flour and once with unblanched flour. I had both on hand for a moment testing the density of my baking when it comes to almond flour that has not been blanched.
It has its place. If you’re making bread, it’s the one. But in this keto dessert recipe, you’re going to want to stick to blanched almond flour, meaning the skins have been removed. You’re left with superfine almond flour that’s uniform in color and makes a perfectly light cupcake.
I’ve also used this recipe to recreate my blueberry muffins with great success. Use it as your base for future cupcakes and get wild with the variations.
Coconut Lime Keto Cupcakes
I used my cute little silicone molds for these. They come in so handy for keto fat bombs, muffins, egg cups and of course cupcakes. I also used my favorite keto sweetener for these. Read about the various types of keto sweeteners here. I added a bit of pure stevia to the frosting instead of the sweetener but you can use keto confectioners sweetener if you have it.
If you’re lost and unsure how to start the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a foolproof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. Enter your details below and start now!
Coconut Lime Keto Cupcakes
- 2 cups almond flour blanched, superfine
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ cup keto sweetener not stevia, I used Lakanto monk fruit mix
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- 6 large eggs
- ⅓ cup lime juice fresh squeezed
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp vanilla flavoring
For the Frosting
- ½ cup cream cheese softened
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ tsp pure stevia
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 180°C, 350°F
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl, mixing thoroughly to break upany lumps
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and add all other wet ingredients
- Combine dry and wet ingredients and mix well
- Pour mix into 12 part cupcake baking pan. I got 13 cupcakes so have an extra on hand just in case. Do not overfill as these will rise.
- Bake cupcakes for 20 minutes or until tops are brown
- Ensure that cream cheese is well softened, microwave for 1 minute if necessary
- Combine cream cheese with heavy cream and stevia. If you like, zest a lime and add it here as well for an extra limey flavor.
- Use a dinner knife or piping bag to spread these on the tops of each cupcake and sprinkle with shredded coconut. Enjoy!