This recipe calls for ground turkey but it’s also amazing with leftover Thanksgiving turkey! It’s the perfect creamy, comforting, cozy soup for the colder weather. It’s like a warm cuddle on a cold night. It’s also low carb and completely keto-friendly making it a great soup to enjoy with the whole family.
What better way to use up your leftover Thanksgiving turkey or chicken but in a great keto soup recipe. I love creamy soups when the weather is cold and this recipe doesn’t disappoint. Your whole family will love this Turkey Mushroom Soup.
New to the keto diet? Start here! This will help you to figure out how to stick to this diet and make it a lifestyle for you.
Creamy Keto Turkey Mushroom Soup
If you’re lost and not sure how to get started with the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a fool-proof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle.
Creamy Turkey Mushroom Soup
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup red onion diced
- 1 large celery stalk½ diced small
- 1 cup white mushrooms chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey or chopped leftover turkey
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 6 cups organic chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream tempered*
- 1 12oz bag frozen riced cauliflower
- 2 cup Italian blend cheese shredded, divided
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and celery and sauté, stirring frequently, until the veggies are soft, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, ground turkey, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder to the skillet. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring frequently until the turkey is no longer pink and the mushrooms start to release their juices, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken stock. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Add a spoonful of the hot liquid to the heavy cream to temper it before adding it to the skillet, as well. Stir to combine and simmer for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add frozen cauliflower rice and 1½ cups of the shredded cheese to skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until cauliflower is heated through and cheese is completely melted. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Remove from heat and transfer to individual soup bowls. To serve, top each bowl with remaining cheese and fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!
I love having keto snacks at the ready. Try my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth and protein powders here. Use code ONANDOFFKETO for 10% off your order!
Looking for a more complete guide to start or stick to the keto diet? My Ketogenic Diet 101 eBook is a complete, all-in-one resource for the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet, how it affects lifestyle diseases like diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure plus over 45 recipes, checklists, and grocery list to get you started. Want the grocery list, quick start guide, and 7-day meal plan for free? Get it below.