One of my favourite Instagrammers say it best, carbs are simply the vehicle for flavor. Remove the carbs and get right to the flavor quickly. This is the case with this delicious sausage egg roll in a bowl recipe.
It simply removes the carb-laden wrappers from your favourite Chinese appetizer to create this amazing keto lunch or dinner recipe.
In this post you'll find:
Sausage Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe
Easy Keto Sausage Egg Roll in a Bowl Recipe
- 1¼ lb spicy bulk pork sausage no filler ingredients
- ¼ cup water
- 3 cup green cabbage shredded
- 1 medium carrot shredded
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tbsp fresh ginger finely minced
- 2 stalks green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or tamari
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Heat a large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks, for approximately 5-6 minutes. Once sausage is no longer pink, remove from heat and carefully drain excess grease from pan.Safety Tip: Wipe off any excess fat that drips down the side of the pan before returning to burner.
- Return skillet to heat. Add water and scrape up brown bits from the bottom of the pan with a spatula. Reduce heat to medium and add shredded cabbage, carrots, sesame oil, ginger, and green onions. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring frequently, until the cabbage wilts and the carrot softens, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add rice vinegar and coconut aminos and stir to combine. Cook another 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat and transfer to a serving platter or bowl. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Total Carbs: 8.38g
Net Carbs: 6.18g
Calorie Breakdown: Protein: 19%
If you’re lost and not sure how to get started with the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a fool-proof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle.
Looking for more keto diet recipes? My 7-day keto meal includes some of my favourite breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and even keto dessert ideas for you to try.
You’ll also get my keto fact sheet to help you stay on track and a grocery list if you’re just starting out on the keto diet. Sign up for my email list below and I’ll send it to you for free!