Cauliflower rice is a staple of those on the keto diet. Instead of simply giving you the plain keto cauliflower fried rice recipe, I’m going to jazz it up and give you my keto cauliflower fried rice recipe.
This keeps things a little more interesting, you can have this as a meal by itself. If you want to use this as a keto side dish, simply leave out some of the additions and keep the recipe simple.
Cauliflower is an excellent keto friendly vegetable since it’s relatively inexpensive, easy to prepare and takes on the flavour of your entree if you’re using it as a side dish.
This makes it the perfect rice or mashed potato substitute for those meals that need something to sop up the gravy.
I’m in love with the diversity of cauliflower, adding different seasonings, sauces and cheeses to it all the while to switch up the flavour profile while keeping my meals low carb.
Here’s my go-to cauliflower fried rice recipe for simple weeknight dinner.
Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
Keto Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 4 large eggs lightly beaten
- 4 cups cauliflower riced
- ½ cup green peas and carrots frozen or canned
- 2 stalks green onion sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger minced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Heat one tablespoon butter in a wok or large high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggs and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1-2 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Transfer eggs to a plate and set aside.
- Add remaining butter, frozen cauliflower, peas and carrots, green onions, fresh ginger, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring constantly, until frozen veggies are heated through and tender, approximately 5-6 minutes.
- Add tamari, sesame oil, and scrambled eggs to the wok or skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until all ingredients are thoroughly combined and heated through. Remove from heat and top with additional green onion, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Total Carbs: 6.92g
Net Carbs: 4.32g Calorie Breakdown:
Carbohydrates: 17% *Nutritional information based on using tamari, rather than coconut aminos