Chicken tenders are a favorite for kids and adults alike and certainly one of my favourite fast-food choices. They are the perfect blank canvas for a number of different sauces and treatments so I had to perfect the keto chicken tenders recipe so I could continue to enjoy this treat.
I’ve made this a couple of ways now and will offer my variations here so you can try them. Either way, they are delicious and so easy to prepare. I also love just how much they crunch up in the oven so you do not have to spend time frying these up!
Of course, I imagine they would work great in an air fryer too!
If you’re lost and not sure how to get started with the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a fool-proof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle.
In this post you'll find:
Tips for Great Keto Chicken Tenders
The basic recipe is a parmesan crusted keto chicken tender. You can use solely parmesan as your crust or you can mix this with ground pork rinds for more flavour and bigger crunch.
I don’t have pork rinds readily available to me so I have also mixed my parmesan with shredded coconut. So delicious! The crunch factor was amazing even when done in the oven and the parm balanced out the coconut flavour perfectly.
Try these low carb chicken tenders either way to see which is your family’s favourite, plain parm, with pork rinds or with unsweetened shredded coconut mixed in.
The recipe and nutrition information is for the plain parm variety. I suggest using shredded parmesan not the powdered grated variety for a better crunch when baking your tenders.
Keto Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders
If you look closely at these, you will be able to see the shredded parmesan I used. This helped with the crunch factor and gave me a better flavour when using the oven to make these tenders.
I have used the grated variety mixed with my shredded coconut which also turned out amazing so use what you have on hand.
Crunchy Baked Keto Chicken Tenders
- 1 tray chicken breast tenderloin about 12 pieces
- 1 tbsp chicken seasoning
- ⅔ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Season your chicken tenderloins with chicken seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Beat egg in one bowl and set aside. Place shredded parmesan in separate bowl. If you're using additives such as pork rinds or shredded coconut, add it to the parmesan. (Use only ½ cup parm and ¼ cup additive.)
- Dip each chicken tender in egg first then in shredded parmesan.
- Dip back in egg and back in parm once more for a thicker crust if desired. Otherwise, add each tenderloin to your baking sheet.
- Brush any leftover egg over each tenderloin.
- Place tray in over and bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Place in broiler on high for up to 2 minutes to deepen golden colour if desired.
I’m using 3 tenders as a serving size here. This will give you about half of your daily protein macros and less than a gram of carbs. Feel free to use a deliciously fatty cheese or avocado dip to help with your fat macros and go to town on these babies. I had them with keto-friendly honey mustard sauce and a salad. Delish!
Looking for a more complete guide to start or stick to the keto diet? My Ketogenic Diet 101 eBook is a complete, all-in-one resource for the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet, how it affects lifestyle diseases like autism, epilepsy, diabetes and high blood pressure plus over 45 recipes, checklists and grocery lists to get you started. Want the grocery list, quick start guide and 7-day meal plan for free? Get it below.