I’ve been dying to try this recipe ever since it floated across my Pinterest page. I love cheesecake and the thought of mixing it with jello sounded like a great treat!
Sure enough, these jello cheesecake squares were tangy and sweet with the perfect slightly bouncy texture that was fun for munchkin and I to devour.
If you’re lost and not sure how to get started with the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a fool-proof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle.
Topped with chocolate with coconut as a base, these keto cheesecake fat bombs will prove hard to resist so make sure to make these when there are people around to share them with!
The fun part about this recipe is that you can literally make it any flavour you want. This time around I used sugar-free strawberry jello but I have the orange flavour sitting in my cupboard waiting for its turn. Something about the combination of orange and chocolate always excites my palate.
You can switch out the shredded coconut for almond meal in the crust if you’re not a coconut fan like I am.
Keto Jello Cheesecake Squares
Tip: Line your pan with parchment paper that has a bit of an edge so you can easily slip your squares out the pan.
You may also want to use a hand-mixer to incorporate all the filling ingredients well so that they won’t separate while chilling in the fridge.
New to the keto diet? Start here! This will help you to figure out how to stick to this diet and make it a lifestyle for you.
I opt-ed for a chocolate spread as my topping. I used rich dark chocolate cocoa powder along with butter and heavy whipping cream for a smooth and creamy topping.
You can also make a chia seed jam or a fruit compote to top this with. Both will work nicely and blend well depending on the flavour jello you choose.
Jello Cheesecake Squares
- 1 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1 box sugar-free jello
- 1 cup boiling water
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tbsp keto sweetener I used Pyure
For chocolate topping
- 1 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 tsp pure stevia
- pink himalayan salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350oF
- Mix first three ingredients together and press into a parchment paper lined 8×4 loaf pan.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes til coconut toasts up then allow to cool.
- Boil your water and add it to your jello. Use a hand mixer to ensure all the jello is incorporated well.
- Add your cream cheese and sweetener and mix well.
- Pour over cooled crust and refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
- When set, mix together your topping ingredients and pour over loaf.
- Allow topping to set in fridge, at least another 30 minutes. Cut into 8 squares.
At 2 net carbs per servings and 26 grams of fat, these fat bombs will hit the spot for sure and help you to meet your macros. You’ll just have to have restraint and stop at one square as the calories do add up still.
Try my keto dark chocolate fat bombs for another yummy treat.
Indulging in too many fat bombs is one of the main reasons we hit stalls on the keto diet.
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag me on Insta and share any variations you make.