These keto pork sliders are ridiculously juicy, tasty and so easy to make. They were a hit for my entire household including my 9yo munchkin who well…ok she loves all types of burgers.
This was my attempt at making a healthier burger for her to enjoy and that she did! I was surprised by how easy it was to pull together the pork patties. They were fatty and juicy and didn’t need any other ingredients except spices and salt.
Usually, beef burger patties need eggs and breadcrumbs to help it all bind together but these babies didn’t have any extra ingredients except seasonings.
I used my almond flour chaffle recipe as the bun to make these and it was an incredible choice. The light and crispy texture of the chaffle was just enough of a bite to complement the patties perfectly.
I’m excited to make these again with bacon and tomato slices. I love tomatoes but was all out. I’m imagining it would also be incredible with guacamole on top!
Keto BBQ Pork Sliders
For a keto-friendly BBQ sauce, be sure to look for a brand with no added sugars or one sweetened with Stevia. This is a popular sugar-free BBQ sauce on the market and here’s another one you might want to try. Here’s one that’s unsweetened and Whole30 approved.
This recipe makes about 6 sliders and the serving is 2 sliders per person. When you’re making these, be sure to top with the cheese at the very last moment and cover the pan so the cheese melts. If you use shredded cheese, some will naturally fall off the patty into the pan and crisp up.
If you’re lost and unsure how to start the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a foolproof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. Enter your details below and start now!
Take these up and top your burger. Those crispy cheese bits are delicious and takes this recipe up several notches.
Keto BBQ Pork Sliders
- 1 lb ground pork
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 tbsp sugar-free BBQ sauce for topping
- Mix all spices into pork using clean hands to work everything in evenly and quickly.
- Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Form 6 balls from pork mixture and flatten each to make a patty.
- Fry two or three at a time depending on size of pan for 5 minutes covered.
- Flip patties and fry for another three minutes on other side.
- Separate cheese among each patty and add to the tops in the last minute. Cover pan so cheese melts.
- Divide BBQ sauce between 3 chaffles that will serve as bottom buns.
- Serve patties on top of prepared almond flour chaffle and top with remaining chaffle.