Do you need another chicken wing recipe? Of course you do! These keto honey mustard chicken wings will hit the spot at your next summer cook-out. Convert your family and friends to a healthier way of life by feeding them these chicken wings, watching them lick their fingers and have no clue that these wings have not one lick of sugar in this sauce!
Chicken wings are such a great choice for casual outdoor gatherings because they are easy to make and are perfect for eating with your fingers. The sugar-free honey-mustard sauce used in this version is delicious and it pairs beautifully with regular old potato salad or other keto picnic-worthy side dishes.
Sugar-Free Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs. chicken wings, trimmed
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Sugar-free Honey-Mustard Sauce
- 2 T. unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 T. keto syrup
- ¼ c. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. hot sauce (optional)
Optional: This sugar-free honey mustard is a favorite in my household. Grab it and use it on everything when you’re not in the mood to make your sauce from scratch.
If you’re lost and unsure how to start the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a foolproof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. Enter your details below and start now!
Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- 3 lbs. chicken wings trimmed
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Keto Honey-Mustard Sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 3 tbsp keto syrup
- ¼ c. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. hot sauce optional
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat™ baking mat. Set aside.
- Add chicken wings to baking sheet in a single layer, not touching or overcrowding. Season wings with salt and black pepper, to taste, before placing in the pre-heated oven. Bake until skin is crispy, approximately 45-50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add garlic and butter to a saucepan and heat over medium heat until garlic softens, approximately 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add syrup and Dijon mustard. Stir to combine. Simmer for a few minutes, until syrup dissolves completely. Remove from heat and stir in hot sauce, if using. Set aside.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and transfer the wings to a large glass bowl. Pour the honey-mustard mixture on top and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or place coated wings on a large, rimmed baking sheet lined with aluminum foil and place under a hot broiler for 1-2 minutes, or until brown and bubbly. Enjoy!