It’s Taco Tuesday! Well, it’s always taco time with these delicious Keto Taco Cups whether it’s Tuesday or not.
You can still join in the taco fun if you’re following the ketogenic diet with this delicious keto taco bowl recipe using cheese shells!
Who needs carbs when you can serve up your favorite taco toppings in cheese. MMM cheese!
While these taco cups use ground beef, you can easily switch this out for ground turkey or chicken or even bison if you’d like. This is a great way to switch things up so you can enjoy these keto tacos again and again.
If you’re lost and unsure how to start the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a foolproof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. Enter your details below and start now!
Keto Taco Cups
The meat is seasoned well with ground cumin, smoked paprika, garlic
Avocado salsa adds a fresh taste to the taco cups to keep the flavor profile interesting and light. You could easily turn this into a taco salad by serving the ground beef and avocado salsa over a bed of fresh, crisp lettuce, using the cheese cups as a topping.
Recipes like these help me to switch up my keto diet and stay in ketosis without being bored. I love tacos and finding ways of making my favorite recipes low carb has been a game changer for me.
It’s important to always test your level of ketones when trying new recipes as you never know what may knock you out of ketosis. This post goes into detail about how to test for ketosis. My favorite ketone monitor helps me to know what works best for my body as no two keto diets will be the same.
- Ground Beef
- 2 c. Colby Jack cheese finely shredded divided
- 1 lb. ground beef 80% lean
- ¼ c. water
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 T. ground cumin
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Avocado Salsa
- 1 medium avocado sliced
- 1 small tomato seeded and diced
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- sour cream optional to serve
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.Divide 1½ cups of the shredded cheese into 6 piles (approximately 1/4 cup each) on the prepared baking sheet and spread each pile into a thin circular layer. Place baking sheets in the preheated oven until the cheese is melted and slightly browned around the edges, around 5-6 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes, then remove the cheese and press into 3” ramekins or a muffin tin to form cups. Let cool for several minutes before gently removing the cheese cups from the form. Note: If using ramekins, the taco cups can remain in the container for extra support when servingIn the meantime, add the ground beef to a large skillet over medium heat and cook until the beef is browned and cooked through, approximately 6-8 minutes. Carefully drain excess grease from skillet and return to cooktop. Add water and season with chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until warmed through.While the beef is cooking, combine the avocado, tomato, lime juice, and fresh cilantro in a medium bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and gently stir to combine. To serve, fill the taco cheese cups with beef, avocado salsa, and remaining shredded cheese. Top with a dollop of sour cream, if using, and enjoy!
Keto Taco Bowls with Avocado Salsa
These taco bowls use six 3″ ramekins to form them and serve. You could also use a muffin tin to form the taco cups.