There’s just something about the combination of fresh dill, capers, cream cheese and smoked salmon. It’s magic and it comes together so divinely in this Smoked Salmon Cucumber Roll recipe.
Cucumbers are the perfect vessel for this creamy delight because they’re so refreshing with a light, complementing flavour. You can make this as a keto snack for yourself or impress your friends and family with them. They’re so pretty yet so easy to make with very simple ingredients.
It’s a great way to use up leftover salmon from dinner too. Switch it up and use canned salmon sometimes. Any salmon will do but of course the incredible flavor of smoked salmon is what sets this dish apart.
With only six ingredients, plus salt and pepper, this simple smoked salmon cream cheese appetizer will become a favorite of yours. Consider it a savory fat bomb with 20g of fat, 8g of protein and only 3.5g of net carbs per serving. I bet you’ll find yourself whipping this up quite often.
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Roll Appetizer
To make these Cucumber Rolls, you’ll need these ingredients:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 t. lemon zest, preferably organic
2 t. fresh lemon juice
2 T. capers, drained
3 T. fresh dill, chopped
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 large seedless cucumber
2 oz. smoked salmon
They pretty much make themself once you get going. These long, seedless English Cucumbers from Whole Foods are great for this recipe and this nifty little gadget makes thin, uniform slices a breeze.
If you’re lost and not sure how to get started with the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a fool-proof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle.
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 t. lemon zest, preferably organic
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. capers, drained
- 3 T. fresh dill, chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 large seedless cucumber
- 2 oz. smoked salmon
1. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese with the lemon zest, lemon juice, capers, and fresh dill. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
2. Chop the ends from the cucumber and thinly slice lengthwise with a mandoline slicer or a vegetable peeler.
3. Spread one to two teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture along the length of each cucumber slice, adding an extra bit at the far end to help secure once rolled.
4. Top with small pieces of smoked salmon and tightly roll the cucumber into a rollup. If necessary, use toothpicks to hold each appetizer together.
5. Repeat with the remaining cucumber slices and filling. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 234
New to the keto diet? Start here! This will help you to figure out how to stick to this diet and make it a lifestyle for you.
If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
Looking for a more complete guide to start or stick to the keto diet? My Ketogenic Diet 101 eBook is a complete, all-in-one resource for the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet, how it affects lifestyle diseases like diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure plus over 45 recipes, checklists, and grocery list to get you started. Want the grocery list, quick start guide, and 7-day meal plan for free? Get it below.