There’s just something about the combination of fresh dill, capers, cream cheese and smoked salmon. It’s magic and it comes together so divinely in this Smoked Salmon Cucumber Roll recipe.
Cucumbers are the perfect vessel for this creamy delight because they’re so refreshing with a light, complementing flavour. You can make this as a keto snack for yourself or impress your friends and family with them. They’re so pretty yet so easy to make with very simple ingredients.
It’s a great way to use up leftover salmon from dinner too. Switch it up and use canned salmon sometimes. Any salmon will do but of course the incredible flavor of smoked salmon is what sets this dish apart.
With only six ingredients, plus salt and pepper, this simple smoked salmon cream cheese appetizer will become a favorite of yours. Consider it a savory fat bomb with 20g of fat, 8g of protein and only 3.5g of net carbs per serving. I bet you’ll find yourself whipping this up quite often.
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Roll Appetizer
To make these Cucumber Rolls, you’ll need these ingredients:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 t. lemon zest, preferably organic
2 t. fresh lemon juice
2 T. capers, drained
3 T. fresh dill, chopped
Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1 large seedless cucumber
2 oz. smoked salmon
They pretty much make themself once you get going. These long, seedless English Cucumbers from Whole Foods are great for this recipe and this nifty little gadget makes thin, uniform slices a breeze.
If you’re lost and unsure how to start the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a foolproof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. Enter your details below and start now!
Smoked Salmon Cucumber Roll
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 1 t. lemon zest preferably organic
- 2 t. fresh lemon juice
- 2 T. capers drained
- 3 T. fresh dill chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 large seedless cucumber
- 2 oz. smoked salmon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese with the lemon zest, lemon juice, capers, and fresh dill. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- 2. Chop the ends from the cucumber and thinly slice lengthwise with a mandoline slicer or a vegetable peeler.
- 3. Spread one to two teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture along the length of each cucumber slice, adding an extra bit at the far end to help secure once rolled.
- 4. Top with small pieces of smoked salmon and tightly roll the cucumber into a rollup. If necessary, use toothpicks to hold each appetizer together.
- 5. Repeat with the remaining cucumber slices and filling. Serve immediately and enjoy!