New to the keto diet? Start here! This will help you to figure out how to stick to this diet and make it a lifestyle for you.
Sous Vide Strip Steak
- 4 New York Strip Steaks, approximately 1½ - 2” thick
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3-4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, plus additional for garnish
- 3 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 10 oz. white mushrooms, sliced
1. Fill a large container or pot with water and attach the sous vide circulator to the side. Set the temperature to 131°F and the cook time to 2 hours.
2. While the water bath heats up, season the steaks with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place steaks in an airtight plastic bag, along with the crushed garlic and rosemary sprigs. Remove as much air as possible from the bag as possible before sealing.
3. Once the water bath reaches the set temperature, add the sealed bag. (The bag should sink if enough air has been removed). Adjust the sous vide timer back to two hours, if necessary.
4. Approximately one hour before the steak is done, prepare the caramelized onions if using. Set aside.
5. When the cook time is complete, remove the steaks from the water bath and discard the rosemary, garlic, and any liquid in the plastic bag. Transfer the steaks to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
6. Heat two tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add the sliced mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms are golden brown and start to release their juices, approximately 5-6 minutes.
7. Remove mushrooms from skillet and add remaining olive oil. Increase heat to medium-high and add steaks. Sear the steaks on each side until they develop nice color, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
8. Remove from heat and rest for 5 minutes before serving with the caramelized onions and mushrooms. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 563
If you’re lost and not sure how to get started with the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a fool-proof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle.
If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
I love having keto snacks at the ready. Try my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth and protein powders here. Use code ONANDOFFKETO for 10% off your order!
Looking for a more complete guide to start or stick to the keto diet? My Ketogenic Diet 101 eBook is a complete, all-in-one resource for the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet, how it affects lifestyle diseases like diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure plus over 45 recipes, checklists, and grocery lists to get you started. Want the 5-day meal plan for free? Get it below when you enter your details.[mailerlite_form form_id=1]