It’s hard to find a fruity cocktail that’s sugar-free and low carb so I love to make refreshing versions of my favorite cocktails at home. This Sparkling Paloma recipe is just that.
The Paloma is the national drink of Mexico. Many traditional recipes feature a blend of Blanco tequila, lime juice, and grapefruit-flavored soda. This refined sugar-free version replaces the grapefruit soda with fresh pink grapefruit juice and club soda to make a healthier Pink Paloma.
If desired, a little powdered monk fruit simple syrup can be added to sweeten your low carb cocktail. Palomas are commonly served in highball glasses. If none are available, whiskey glasses, stemless wine glasses, or other forms of glassware can be used.
One large pink grapefruit should yield approximately 6 oz. of juice if using a manual juicer. This recipe comes out at around 10g of net carbs so take that into consideration if you’re very strictly keto. Enjoy it on a day when your carb count is very low or you’re in keto maintenance mode and enjoying more carbs in your day.
If you’re lost and unsure how to start the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a foolproof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. Enter your details below and start now!
Sparkling Pink Paloma Recipe
To make your cocktail, you’ll need:
Himalayan rock salt, fine
1 large lime, cut into wedges
6 oz. fresh pink grapefruit juice
3 oz. Blanco tequila
1 T. fresh lime juice
Garnish: Lime wheels and/or twisted grapefruit peel. This recipe yields two cocktails so share it with a friend. Lightly sweeten each drink with 1-2 teaspoons of powdered monk fruit simple syrup if desired.
Simple syrup is normally prepared using a 1:1 ratio of refined white sugar to water. In general, monk fruit sweetener is considered a 1:1 replacement for sugar, but in this case, a 1:2 ratio (one-part sweetener to two-parts water) works well because fresh pink grapefruit is inherently sweet.
Sugar-Free Simple Syrup:
¼ c. powdered monk fruit sweetener
½ c. water
Prepare the simple syrup by combining the powdered monk fruit sweetener and water in a small saucepan. Stir to combine and heat until the sweetener dissolves completely, approximately 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Himalayan rock salt fine
- 1 large lime cut into wedges
- 6 oz. fresh pink grapefruit juice
- 3 oz. Blanco tequila
- 1 T. fresh lime juice
- Club soda
- Garnish: Lime wheels and/or twisted grapefruit peel
- Pour the Himalayan salt onto a shallow dish. Wipe the rim of each glass with a wedge of lime and place the wet edge into the salt to line the rim. For best results, rotate and firmly press the rim into the salt several times.
- Fill each glass with ice. Divide the grapefruit juice, tequila, and lime juice between the two glasses and give the mixture a quick stir to combine.
- To serve, top off each glass with some club soda and garnish with a lime wheel and/or a piece of grapefruit rind. Enjoy!
- Mocktail version:
Omit the tequila and replace with additional club soda
- How to Start the Keto Diet
- Keto For Women Over 60:What You Need to Know
- How to Intermittent Fast on Keto
- Why You May Have Stalled on the Keto Diet
- How Long Should You Stay on the Keto Diet?