If you’re missing fries on the keto diet then try these! I know it can be challenging to get zucchini crispy because they have so much moisture in them but I’m about to give you the secret. These Zucchini Fries with Almond Flour come out beautifully and have great flavour to them.
I also have the recipe for the marinara sauce below because they’re delicious sipped in them! This is the perfect keto snack or even keto appetizer at your holiday and large family dinners.
The secret is to use small zucchinis that do not have lots of seeds in the center! Also, make sure to cut them into the size you want and leave them to dry out on some paper towels for at least 20 minutes before you season and bake them.
This is a kid-friendly keto recipe that your whole family will love. Check out a few other kid-friendly keto recipes here.
If you’re lost and not sure how to get started with the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a fool-proof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle.
Crispy Zucchini Fries with Almond Flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 small firm zucchini halved and cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 8oz can crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup fresh basil thinly sliced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and place a metal rack inside a large, rimmed baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a pie pan or shallow bowl, combine the almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- In a second pie pan or shallow bowl, gently whisk together the eggs and water until frothy and set aside.
- Add the freshly grated Parmesan cheese to a third bowl and set aside.
- Dredge zucchini pieces in the seasoned almond flour before dipping into the egg mixture. Allow excess egg to drain off each piece before transferring to the bowl with the Parmesan cheese. Turn to evenly coat each piece of zucchini before transferring to the prepared rack. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired.
- Place baking sheet into preheated oven and roast until golden and crisp, around 20-25 minutes. Flip the fries once halfway through the cooking time.
- While the zucchini is roasting, combine olive oil, garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, and tomato paste in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the garlic is fragrant, around 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat and add the crushed tomatoes and cook until bubbly and slightly reduced, around 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the fresh basil and parsley. Transfer to a serving dish and keep warm.
- How to start the keto diet
- My results after 90 days on keto
- How to intermittent fast on keto
- Why you may have stalled on the keto diet
- How long should you stay on the keto diet?
- How to get into ketosis in 24 hours
Looking for a more complete guide to start or stick to the keto diet? My Ketogenic Diet 101 eBook is a complete, all-in-one resource for the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet, how it affects lifestyle diseases like diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure plus over 45 recipes, checklists, and grocery list to get you started. Want the grocery list, quick start guide, and 7-day meal plan for free? Get it below.