This simple, yet delicious keto side dish comes together quickly so it is perfect for mid-week meals. It pairs perfectly with my Sous Vide Strip Steak recipe along with pan-seared chicken breasts or bone-in pork chops.
New to the keto diet? Start here! This will help you to figure out how to stick to this diet and make it a lifestyle for you.
I love having keto snacks at the ready. Try my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth and protein powders here. Use code ONANDOFFKETO for 10% off your order!
- 2 heads fresh broccoli, florets only (or 2 12-oz. bags frozen broccoli florets)
- 2 T. water
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 T. unsalted butter, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Place fresh or frozen broccoli florets in a large microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Microwave on high until crisp-tender. (Cooking time will vary depending on individual microwaves, so test after 2 minutes and adjust cooking time accordingly). Do not overcook.
Florets should be firm when finished.
2. Add half the chopped garlic to the skillet along with one tablespoon olive oil. Set heat to medium and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring continually.
3. Discard garlic from skillet and increase heat to medium-high. Add one tablespoon butter. Once melted, add half the broccoli florets to pan. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring constantly, for approximately 5-6 minutes or until broccoli is blackened. Transfer the blackened broccoli from the skillet and to a large bowl. Cover and set
4. Repeat process with remaining garlic, olive oil, butter, and broccoli. When second batch of broccoli is finished, add it to the bowl with the original batch and toss to combine. Season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96
If you’re just starting the keto diet, a food journal specifically for keto like this one can help you to stay on track. Track your meals, macros, mood, fasting times and movement daily to spot helpful and harmful patterns that help you achieve your weight loss and health goals.
Looking for a more complete guide to start or stick to the keto diet? My Ketogenic Diet 101 eBook is a complete, all-in-one resource for the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet, how it affects lifestyle diseases like diabetes, obesity, and high blood pressure plus over 45 recipes, checklists, and grocery list to get you started. Want the grocery list, quick start guide, and 7-day meal plan for free? Get it below.