I love a good creamy smoothie as a meal replacement or a rich, sweet dessert, especially on a Sunday afternoon. This Keto Raspberry Smoothie is creamy and delicious and is actually quite nutritional as it’s made with protein powder to help meet your protein macros.
I cringe when I think of the smoothies I use to make when I felt for something sweet, rich and creamy. Imagine mixing Ice cream, chocolate syrup, fruit, and sugar or honey into one smoothie. Ugh! Talk about sugar upon sugar.
Now I mix fat on fat! LOL, not really. I really try not to eat too much fat as I’m still in the losing weight zone and if we eat too much fat on the ketogenic diet, we end up burning only the fat we eat instead of fat on our bodies. Leave the exogenous fat for when you’re in maintenance mode and only make this smoothie when you’ve had a clean-eating, zero-carb day and you’re craving a treat.
That said, this keto raspberry cream smoothie is absolutely delicious and will satisfy your sweet tooth craving when it raises its ugly head.
How to Make Keto Raspberry Smoothie
Of course, you can swap the raspberries for your favorite berry. I use blueberries all the time and strawberries can be used as well. When I get my hands on blackberries? Ooh wee!
To make this smoothie, you’ll need:
- fresh or frozen raspberries
- heavy cream
- fresh lime juice
- vanilla protein powder
- sliced cucumbers
- ice cubes
The cucumbers and ice cubes add a fresh spin to this smoothie so that it’s not too heavy like a milkshake. IT’s seriously delicious, you have to try it.
Your particular macros will be affected by the protein powder that you use.
Whichever brand you use, just ensure that it has no added sugar! Lots of protein powders are packed with sugar and carbs.
If you’re lost and unsure how to start the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a foolproof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. Enter your details below and start now!
- ½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers peeled
- 8-10 large ice cubed
- A dollop of fresh whipped cream and/or 2 or 3 fresh raspberries option for garnish
- Combine all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend on high speed for 2-3 until thoroughly combined. Add additional water, if desired, to adjust consistency.
- Pour into two glasses and garnish with a spoonful of whipped cream and additional raspberries, if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!