Let’s make some delicious Steak Street Tacos! I love an upgraded taco recipe because who doesn’t love tacos?
These Steak Street Tacos use store-bought keto tortillas to make things easy. Don’t you love that keto foods are popping up more and more in our supermarkets?
If you’re lost and unsure how to start the keto diet, this meal plan is for you. It’s a foolproof guide to winning at the high-fat, low-carb lifestyle. Enter your details below and start now!
Keto Steak Street Tacos
Here are some time-saving tips so your delicious tacos aren’t an all-day event in the kitchen. This recipe uses 1¼ lbs. flank or skirt steak. You’ll want to broil this whole and then slice your steak against the grain into thin pieces after resting for 5 minutes. This will ensure each bite is tender and juicy.
Now for this rub, If Mexican or Tex-Mex dishes are popular in your house, make double or triple batches of the taco seasoning to have on hand. It’s incredible! You won’t want store-bought taco seasoning after this. This mixture can be stored in an airtight container for several months.
Finally, make sure to assemble all your ingredients and measuring spoons/cups on the counter before beginning. Start by heating a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat while the broiler warms up so you can warm the tortillas while the steak is under the broiler.
For the best, most authentic tacos, grab some cotija cheese. Cotija cheese is a crumbly, salty Mexican cheese made from cows’ milk. It is often available in larger grocery stores or specialty shops. If it is unavailable in your area, crumbled Feta cheese is a common, although not perfect, substitute.
Make sure to try these taco cups for another keto taco recipe!
Delicious Keto Steak Street Tacos
- Taco Seasoning:
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1½ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- ¼ – ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ c. sour cream
- ½ c. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning divided
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1¼ lbs. flank or skirt steak
- Sea salt to taste
- 16 mini tortillas 4.5” diameter
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Lime wedges to serve
- Prepare the taco seasoning by combining all ingredients in a small bowl. Stir to combine and set aside.
- Place the top oven rack in the second position from top and pre-heat broiler to “High.” Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and set aside.
- Place a large 12” cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, and one tablespoon taco seasoning together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Place the flank steak on the prepared baking sheet and evenly brush the olive oil over both sides. Evenly sprinkle one tablespoon taco seasoning over the steak. Generously season with sea salt before turning. Repeat on the other side with the remaining taco seasoning and a little more salt.
- Place the steak under the broiler for 5-7 minutes, turning once halfway through, or until it reaches the desired level of doneness.
- While the steak is broiling, add two tortillas to the hot skillet. Heat until they are warmed through and develop a bit of color, approximately 30 seconds to one minute. Flip with tongs and repeat on the remaining side. Transfer the warmed tortillas to a large sheet of aluminum foil (or a tortilla warmer, if you have one).
- Repeat Step 7 with the remaining tortillas. Wrap the tortillas in the aluminum foil while working on the rest to keep warm.
- When ready, remove the steak from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting against the grain into thin slices. Transfer the steak to a medium bowl and toss with the fresh lime juice. Set aside. Tip: Continue warming the rest of the tortillas while the steak rests
- To serve, layer two tortillas together, as shown, and add some of the seasoned steak and your choice of toppings, such as sliced radishes, crumbled Cojita cheese, diced avocado, or fresh cilantro. Top each taco with a dollop of the seasoned sour cream mixture and serve immediately with additional lime wedges on the side. Enjoy!