When it comes to the keto diet, finding recipes that are both delicious and fitting to the dietary requirements can sometimes be a challenge. But with this seared strip steak with sautéed mushrooms recipe, you can enjoy a mouth-watering dish that fits perfectly into your keto meal plan.
Keto Strip Steak
This recipe brings together the succulence of strip steaks with the earthy flavors of sautéed mushrooms, all seasoned perfectly with rosemary and garlic powder. What could be better than a juicy steak topped with buttery, flavorful mushrooms?
- 2 – 8 oz strip steaks
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 T. olive oil
- 4 T. unsalted butter, divided
- 8 oz white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 t. dried rosemary
- 1/2 t. garlic powder
Start by preheating your oven to 400°F. Season your steaks on both sides with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, sear the steaks on all sides until browned. Remove the skillet from the heat and top each of the steaks with 1 tablespoon of butter. Put the skillet in the pre-heated oven and cook for 8-10 minutes, until the internal temperature of the steaks reaches 130 degrees F.
While the steaks are cooking in the oven, melt the remaining butter in another skillet over medium-high heat. Add in the mushrooms, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and cook until the mushrooms are nicely browned and start to release their juices. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Once the steaks are done, put them on a plate and cover them loosely with aluminum foil. Allow them to rest for five minutes.
Remove the foil, and serve immediately topped with mushroom mixture. Enjoy!
This Seared Strip Steak with Sautéed Mushrooms recipe is a fantastic addition to your keto meal plan. It’s both satisfying and flavorful, making it a great option for a special dinner or a regular weeknight meal.
Seared Strip Steak with Sauteed Mushrooms
- 2 8 oz strip steaks
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter divided
- 8 oz white mushrooms sliced
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Place top oven rack in center position and pre-heat oven to 400°F. Generously season the steaks on both sides with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Add olive oil to a large cast iron skillet set over medium-high heat. Heat skillet until very hot, approximately 5 minutes, before adding the meat. Sear the steaks until nicely browned, approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
- Remove skillet from heat and top each steak with 1 tablespoon unsalted butter. Transfer skillet to pre-heated oven and roast for 8-10 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer reads 130 degrees for medium rare.
- Once the steaks are in the oven, add the remaining butter to another skillet set over medium heat. Add mushrooms, rosemary, and garlic powder. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mushrooms are nicely browned and start to release their juices, approximately 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove skillet from oven and transfer steaks to a large plate. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and rest for 5 minutes. (Internal temperature will continue to rise several degrees while they rest). Remove foil and divide the steaks into 4 equal-sized portions. Serve immediately topped with some of the sauteed mushrooms. Enjoy!