I love Greek salad and thought this was a perfect way to fancy it up and serve it as a snack at picnics or an appetizer at holiday feasts. These Greek Salad Skewers are naturally ketogenic, making it a great choice to serve at mixed-diet gatherings.
This quick and easy no-cook naturally keto appetizer recipe is perfect for warmer weather, but it is substantial enough to enjoy year-round. As written, this recipe serves as a light appetizer for 4 to 6 people. However, it can easily be scaled for more substantial portions and/or larger gatherings, as well.
To this recipe I would add bacon as well, bacon is immaculate and takes any dish up a notch, wouldn’t you agree? You could add prosciutto to stick with the fancier theme.
Greek Salad Skewers
- 12 wooden skewers
- 1 small organic cucumber
- 8oz block feta cheese
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 12 large black olives pitted
- high-quality extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- ½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut cucumber into 12 equally thick slices
- Dice feta cheese into 12 cubes
- Arrange cucumber slices on a serving platter and top each with a cube of Feta cheese
- Gently press the flat end of a wooden skewer through the cheese and cucumber until secure, then add a tomato, followed by a black olive to top each skewer
- Right before serving, drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the skewers and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and enjoy