I love Greek salad and thought this was a perfect way to fancy it up and serve it as a snack at picnics or an appetizer at holiday feasts. These Greek Salad Skewers are naturally ketogenic, making it a great choice to serve at mixed-diet gatherings.
This quick and easy no-cook naturally keto appetizer recipe is perfect for warmer weather, but it is substantial enough to enjoy year-round. As written, this recipe serves as a light appetizer for 4 to 6 people. However, it can easily be scaled for more substantial portions and/or larger gatherings, as well.
To this recipe I would add bacon as well, bacon is immaculate and takes any dish up a notch, wouldn’t you agree? You could add prosciutto to stick with the fancier theme.
Greek Salad Skewers
Get your groceries delivered to you, unlimited trips, for only $14.99 per month! Save money and get free delivery? Why ever go to the grocery store again? Get a free trial of Amazon fresh here.
Greek Salad Skewers
- 12 wooden skewers
- 1 small organic cucumber
- 8oz block feta cheese
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 12 large black olives pitted
- high-quality extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- ½ tsp dried Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cut cucumber into 12 equally thick slices
- Dice feta cheese into 12 cubes
- Arrange cucumber slices on a serving platter and top each with a cube of Feta cheese
- Gently press the flat end of a wooden skewer through the cheese and cucumber until secure, then add a tomato, followed by a black olive to top each skewer
- Right before serving, drizzle extra virgin olive oil over the skewers and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and enjoy
I love having keto snacks at the ready. Try my favorite keto chocolate bars, bone broth and protein powders here. Use code ONANDOFFKETO for 10% off your order!
Looking for a more complete guide to start or stick to the keto diet? My Ketogenic Diet 101 eBook is a complete, all-in-one resource for the ketogenic diet. This book includes all the need-to-know info about the keto diet, how it affects lifestyle diseases like autism, epilepsy, diabetes and high blood pressure plus over 45 recipes, checklists and grocery lists to get you started. Want the grocery list, quick start guide and 7-day meal plan for free? Get it below.